Solid-state is one of the important chapters for CBSE and ISC exams.Here I have provided you a Practice Set of the chapter.
Complete the Theory of this chapter (CLICK), Short Question and Answer (CLICK) and MCQ test (CLICK)
- Fill in the blanks:
- In a closed packed array of N spheres, the number of tetrahedral holes are _____ and the number of octahedral holes are ______.
- The closest packing sequence ABCABC represent ______ centred and ____ packing.
- Each unit cell of NaCl consists of ______ Cl– ions and Na+ ions.
- AgBr crystal shows both _______ and ________ defects.
- The percentage of unoccupied spaces in fcc and bcc are _____ and ______ respectively.
- Solve the following-
- CsCl has a cubic structure. Eight corners are occupied by Cs + and Cl– at the center or vice-versa. Calculate the interionic distance and the ratio of the radius of Cs+ to Cl–. Molecular mass of CsCl= 168.36 and density is 3.97g/cm3.
- A unit cell consists of a cube in which there are A atoms at the corners and B atoms at the face centers. Two A atoms are missing from the two corners of the unit cell. What is the formula of the compound?
- The nearest neighbour Ag atoms in the Silver crystal are 2.87 x 10-8 cm apart. Presuming fcc structure of the crystal, what will be the density of the silver.
- Al crystallises in a cubic close-packed structure with a metallic radius of 125 pm. Calculate the length of the side of the unit cell and how many unit cells are there in 1cc of Al?
- Provide a difference between-
- The n-type and p-type semiconductor
- Octahedral and tetrahedral void
- Ferromagnetic and Ferrimagnetic substance.
- Answer the following-
- Derive the relation between the octahedral radius (r) of the void and the radius(R) of the spheres in close packing.
- What is Ferroelectricity?
- Why ferromagnetic substances make permanent magnets?
- What is the effect of Frenkel and Schottky defect on electrical conductivity?
- Why does pure silicon which is an insulator behave as a semiconductor on heating?
- Why Frenkel defect is not found in the halides of alkali metals?
- What are interstitial defects in a crystal?
error: Content is protected !!