Chemistry Class Test
- Provide two differences between isotopes and isobars. 
- Identify the following among the following elements- 
12A24, 15B31, 16C32, 12D26, 13E26
a) Isotones b) Isotopes c) Isobars
3. Identify the following among the following elements-12A24, 15B31, 16C32, 12D26, 13E26
a) Metals and Non-metals
b) Reducing and oxidizing agents
c) Element(s) which belong to the group of Alkaline earth metals.
d) Non-metal with valency-2
e) Metal with valency 3 
4. Draw the electron dot structure of the formation of-
e) N2 
[Atomic Numbers – Mg-12, Cl-17,Al-13, N-7, C-6,H-1]
5. An element A (with atomic number 6) forms a compound with B (with atomic number 17). Identify the –
a) Formula of the compound
b) Nature of the compound
c) Mention any two general property of the compound. [1 ½ ]
6. Explain why electrovalent compounds possess a high melting point? [1/2 ]
7. An Element X with atomic number 8 forms compounds with hydrogen (H), Carbon(C), and Sodium (Na) separately.
a) Write the formula of the compounds formed.
b) State the nature of the compound (ionic or covalent).
[Atomic number of H=1, C=6, Na=11]